Personal tax planning
Written by Ray Coman
Keeping tax minimised is a priority for wealth protection. However, the challenge is complicated by the number of taxes and ever-changing nature of the tax system. Tax planning is the identification of tax saving opportunities. The objective of tax compliance is to avoid financial loss caused by falling short of regulation. At Coman&Co, both planning and compliance are at the core of our offering.
Often clients carry a misgiving that tax planning involves something unscrupulous. Tax regulation is used to stimulate certain type of activity (such as cycling) and discourage others (such as the use of petrol.) By understanding a client’s need and matching it to our tax expertise we promote financial benefit. Financial affairs are optimised through tax efficiency. On a grander scale, tax work intends to avoid distortion in the economy.
Clients that have switched to our service after finding a scheme they have used is an unlawful type of tax avoidance. A tax enquiry can bring a taxpayer into a longwinded and costly correspodence with HMRC. As an authorised tax agent, we can help bring an enquiry to a prompt conculsion. Our ticket is above board and we have saved our clients handsomely over the years through careful tax advice.
Coman & Co are chartered tax advisers and offer specialised tax planning services which:
- Reduce tax on investment and property holdings.
- Retain the maximum proceeds on disposal of assets.
- Lower tax on earnings from employments and directorships.
- Reduce inheritance tax burden
- Minimise tax when leaving and arriving in the UK.
- Take into account tax relief on certain investments, typically in return for the higher risks associated.
- Consider pension schemes and other forms of retirement planning
- Take advantage of rules relating to residency, domicile and overseas aspects of taxation.
- Make use of relevant allowances, claims and exemptions.
In our advice we aim to:
- Account for all taxes affecting decisions and the interaction of these taxes.
- Integrate personal and financial objectives
- Consider proposed changes to the legislation to mitigate liabilities long term.
Please contact us for a free consultation.