Personal tax


Written by Ray Coman


Personal tax Personal taxis our specialism. We can assist you with the preparation of your Tax return, act as your agent for the purposes of dealing with HMRC and send timely reminders to ensure that you do not miss any deadlines.  We will let you know what tax to pay and when and where possible identify beneficial claims.  We can advise on the practical merit of making appeals and the best approach to take when dealing with HMRC to ensure the an efficient resolution.  


Calling on our extensive experience in the business of helping individuals manage their tax affairs, we can advise:

Landlords, both in the UK and abroad on income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax issues.

We can assist individuals holding senior roles about the deduction of tax at source from employment pay.

We can help families to reduce tax, both by keeping more of what they have earned, saved and invested as well as through inheritance tax planning.


We hope to bring you into a situation where you can consider retirement sooner and enjoy more of the money you have earned and wealth that you have accumulated.


#2 Ray Coman, FCCA, CTA 2019-02-21 09:39
Dear Hayley,

If you have an existing childcare voucher scheme in place, (either through your employer or your own limited company) which predates 4th October 2018, you can keep this in place. However, you cannot operate a new childcare voucher scheme. I can help ensure that the childcare remains tax free in this situation.

There are childcare options which are a form of state benefit. Since, the state help is not taxable, it is outside of my remit as a tax adviser to assist with that aspect.

Further information about the tax implications of renting out your flat can be found on other pages on this website, or if you are interested in my tax preparation services, please message me directly.
#1 Hayley Mcgilp 2019-02-21 08:23

I’m looking for someone to help us figure out the
best way to pay nursery fees etc and whether we should stick with childcare vouchers or go with tax free childcare. The whole thing is really confusing.

I’d also like to find out the tax implications of renting our flat out.

Many thanks,


Add comment

Simple situations. Complex situations. If it goes on a Tax Return we deal with it. Contact us for a free, initial meeting.

Email us!